Monday, August 1, 2011

addendum to "things my son says..."

So I couldn't remember this one when I typed my previous blog, but it's so hilarious that I had to add it.

About a week ago, while playing in his little closet under the stairs, Michael picked up a gold plastic coin that had come in one of his Easter Eggs and started to sing, "I like money, money" to the tune of Madagascar's "I like to move it, move it."  My first thought was, "what in the world?!"  Then I called Eric to ask him about it since I thought maybe Eric had been listening to some financial talk show on the radio and maybe that's where Michael picked it up from.  But Eric said no.  I've been trying to teach Michael that the words are "move it, move it," not "money, money," but for some reason, he's convinced that the words should be "money, money."  So then, since the tones are very similar, I tried to teach him "I like Mommy, Mommy," but he'll have none of that either!  Yikes!  I think I've got my work cut out for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment