Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Joy of Mine

One of the greatest joys of being a Mommy is having the privilege of watching your sons start playing together.  Now, today wasn't the first time that they rolled a ball back and forth, but it's the first day that they really seemed to connect with each other while doing so.


While this picture is from a week ago when Nathan climbed up the stairs on his own for the first time ever, I just had to brag about this cute little baby.


Of course, Eric and I aren't sure if Nathan has actually spoken his first words yet.  He almost daily hears "NO NO NO" when we're trying to stop Michael from pushing him over.  And a couple weeks ago, it certainly sounded like he said "no no no," but he never repeated that.  Then, today, while climbing the stairs, he looked straight up at me from the bottom step and very clearly said "upupup!"

So what has God taught me today?  I learned that Michael is extremely sensitive to my moods.  If I'm upset for any reason, he mirrors my mood with whining, crying, and sleepiness.  Lesson: resolve all conflicts as quickly as I am able so that I can be my normal self and Michael can be his usual bright, cheerful, happy little self.  Thank-you, Lord, for all the men in my life, all 3. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment