Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dedicating this Blog

Well, I've never blogged before, but I guess you have to start somewhere and sometime, right?  So far, Eric and I have 2 wonderful sons, Michael and Nathan.  This blog is dedicated to both of our sons.

What's new?

Well, Michael and Nathan have started to play together.  The first time was when Michael entertained Nathan while both sat in their car seats.  Michael is forward facing while Nathan is still rear-facing.  One time, while driving them around, I heard Nathan break out into a laugh, followed immediately by Michael laughing.  Looking in the rear-view mirror, I saw Michael looking over at Nathan, then repeatedly stick out his tongue and blow as hard as he could, making a "phthbbb" sound, spit flying everywhere and drool dripping down the front of his shirt.  Nathan would burst out laughing, then Michael would laugh, then repeat.

Another time, Nathan was on all fours on the carpet.  Michael dropped to all fours, got right in Nathan's face, both giggled, then Michael took off crawling.  Nathan, still giggling, followed after him.

Newest thing that we're teaching them:  For Nathan, I'm teaching him how to crawl up and down the stairs.  He likes to go up, but he fusses when I try to teach him how to go back down.  For Michael, we're teaching him to say a bedtime prayer: "Dear Jesus, Thank you for my family.  Thank you for my friends.  Thank you for my blessings.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment